Cleaning and maintaining your respiratory mask is very important if you want to use it for a long time. So, if you are looking for advice on how to clean it, you’ve come to the right place. We know everything about your protective masks and the different cleaning products you need to keep it clean and free of viruses.
Different Cleaning Products You Need
There are many mask cleaning products available on the market today. However, some cleaning products contain substances that can be too harsh — like most chemical cleaning solutions. That’s why it’s very important to know what cleaning products are safe to use. Here is a list of cleaning products you can use for your protective mask that are safe and recommended by experts:
- Natural Cleaning Products – the safest products you can use to clean your mask are natural cleaning products like warm water, white vinegar, baking soda, citrus fruits, and spray bottles. You can mix these products and put them inside an empty spray bottle to clean your mask.
- Disinfecting Products – if you opt to use disinfecting products to clean your mask, it’s best to use products that are recommended by the manufacturer. However, you need to remember to use safe cleaning products that contain no harsh chemicals like mild detergent as it goes onto your face. It’s also best to avoid using alcohol wipes.
How To Clean Your Mask
Experts highly recommend cleaning your mask after each use. To properly clean it, follow these steps:
- Remove cartridges and filters – disassemble components from your mask and make sure not to wash them. Cartridges and filters should not become wet.
- Wash facepiece – Your reusable facemask can be washed like any piece of clothing. It simply can be put in the wash (preferably the hotter the water the better) and this can eliminate any germs.
- Disinfect facepiece – If you have noticeably visible dirt ontoy our mask, it may be a good idea to pay some extra attention before putting it in your regular wash. A stain remover or spot wash is ok to do prior to washing it like normal.
- Inspect components – before wearing your facemask and using filter inserts, make sure to check all of its components for damage or deterioration. Test it afterwards for proper function.
Tips For Long-lasting Mask Life
Cleaning and maintaining your mask plays a huge part in extending its lifespan. However, you also need to keep in mind these tips to help ensure that it can serve its purpose in the long run:
- Don’t touch the mask with dirty hands – always wash your hands before handling or cleaning your mask. Germs and viruses can easily attach to your hands and can cling to your mask quickly.
- Never stretch the mask – stretching your mask can warp the facepiece and loosen the straps. It can greatly affect the fit and effectiveness.
- Do not fold the mask – folding your mask with filters inside can crease these which can affect its functionality.
- Always use the correct filter – using effective filters is very important. Using low quality accessories can not only affect the functionality and effectiveness of your mask but it can also cause major health issues.
Your mask can serve its purpose for a long time if taken care of properly. That’s why it’s very important to know the different cleaning products you can use to clean and maintain it. However, you also need to keep in mind that cleaning is not the only thing that can extend its lifespan. Proper use also plays an important part in maximizing the functionality of your mask.
For high-quality, long-lasting and easy-to-clean protective masks, visit Home Healthcare Online. Also see our other products like infection control Australia, unvalved masks Australia, valved masks Australia and filter inserts Australia.